Bloomberg Intelligence - U.S. Quantitative Equity Strategist
New York, NY
Posted Nov 21, 2019 - Requisition No. 79858
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
The U.S. Quantitative Equity Strategist role is a unique role within Bloomberg Intelligence, joining a team that practices a multi-disciplined approach that combines fundamental, technical and quantitative analysis to analyze the U.S. equity market. The U.S. Quantitative Equity Strategist will provide technical expertise to a range of clients and produce topical market and strategy updates to internal and external clients. They act as a specialized source of investment, product, and market knowledge.
The role requires a skilled researcher, idea generator, and communicator with keen interest in utilizing quantitative methods to analyze the equity market as well as marketing research. This role is the first-of-its-kind role inside Bloomberg Intelligence offering a chance to pioneer an entirely new franchise, so vision and passion are a must.
We’ll trust you to:
- Write consistent quality research on various quantitative investing topics.
- Manage large data sets and initiate and maintain models.
- Develop and maintain a factor scorecard and/or model that indicates where opportunities among factors may develop.
- Collaborate and integrate concepts within a multi-disciplinary U.S. strategy team, which includes equity strategy, ETFs and ESG.
- Maintain an interactive dashboard of relevant time series data on the Terminal.
- Meet with clients, prospects, and internal constituencies to explain and promote research and data.
- Conduct webinars and seminars for clients to promote research.
- Promote research and supply thought leadership via multimedia channels and at external client events and conferences.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 7 years of industry experience in quantitative roles.
- Expertise in methods of calculation of factor returns (q spreads vs pure factors) and proven capability in factor analysis.
- Ability to analyze advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting with experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- An understanding of fundamental analysis: financial statements & ratios and company valuation metrics & models.
- An understanding of index aggregation methodology.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and Python.
- Proficiency at using the Bloomberg Terminal as well as knowledge of the full Quantitative Data and Technical Solutions suite, its integration points with other Bloomberg products and competitor/3rd party offering.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- An advanced degree in Finance, Economics, or related field is preferred; CFA accreditation or progress towards is also preferred.
- A strong background in quantitative investing techniques.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written) with experience delivering institutional investor presentations.
- Ability to deliver complex information in a simple manner to a wide array of clients.
- Demonstrated ability to write portfolio commentaries, research reports, and/or white papers.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.