Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professional’s foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for supporting multiple research analysts in the North American Energy sector, with a focus on oil and gas exploration & production, mid-stream and integrated companies. The team and the associate are responsible for generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements.
We'll trust you to:-Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- 2+ years of financial market research experience is essential to have success in this role
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attentional to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- Proficient knowledge of the Energy sector, Commodities
- CFA designation
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development and knowledge of VBA
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.