Bloomberg Intelligence Credit Research Associate
New York, NY
Posted Mar 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 101112
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for helping to conduct credit specific research on respective industries and companies. This includes performing high level credit analysis across companies and industries as well as specific fixed income security and market analysis. Additionally, you will help create written reports and analysis relating to credit markets for the companies/industries covered. This analysis will be based on external and internal Bloomberg data sets, such as financial data, detailed corporate bond and loan securities, and capital structure, as well as company filings, excel models and issuer news releases and presentations.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Help to identify, support and maintain critical data and functionality on the Bloomberg terminal
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- 2+ years of fixed income/credit market experience is essential to have success in this role
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, knowledge of VBA and/or Python
- Keen interest and knowledge of the credit and fixed income markets
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- High attention to detail
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- Progress toward CFA designation
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred
You need to have:
We'd love to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.