Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professional’s foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for helping to conduct credit specific research on respective industries and companies. This includes performing high level credit analysis across companies and industries as well as specific fixed income security and market analysis. Additionally, you will help create written reports and analysis relating to credit markets for the companies/industries covered. This analysis will be based on external and internal Bloomberg data sets, such as financial data, detailed corporate bond and loan securities, and capital structure, as well as company filings, excel models and issuer news releases and presentations.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Participate in department-wide special projects
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Finance
- 2+ years of fixed income/credit market experience is essential to have success in this role
- Proficiency in bond math and fixed income pricing methodologies
- Keen interest and knowledge of the credit and fixed income markets
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- An understanding of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of finance/accounting
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects
- A commitment to enhancing and developing products
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation
- A Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline preferred
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Financial Macro Development and knowledge of VBA
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.