Bloomberg Intelligence, Biopharma Research Analyst (Contract Position End Date November 30 2024)
New York, NY
Posted Feb 12, 2024 - Requisition No. 123145
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg.
Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
As a member of our New York-based team, you’ll be responsible for providing equity research coverage in Specialty Pharma and Generics through publishing of company reports, thematic work and timely event driven analysis. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Work closely with our regional analysts and our global team of analysts located in Asia, Europe and the U.S.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting these industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Litigation, Policy, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis.
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals to grow a franchise and develop an ecosystem.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of buy-or-sell side equity research experience in therapeutics
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Experience interpreting financial statements and in financial modeling.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Business, Finance or related discipline.
- CFA designation and/or MBA degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal required.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 170 - 172 USD Hourly