What's Bloomberg KYC?
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a prerequisite for doing business in the financial markets. While the requirements imposed for KYC are commonly seen as painful, inefficient and unsustainable, the cost of delays and regulatory breaches can result in significant fines and opportunity cost.
Many have wondered if data and technology could be used to reduce the pain, the costs or the risk. Or better yet – to help firms improve their bottom line by pursuing opportunities faster, achieving scale or growing relationships?
The answer is yes.
Launched in 2015, KYC is a new startup business within Enterprise Solutions that is vertical leveraging Bloomberg's core strengths to help clients reduce time-to-trade, allowing them to make more money faster, and to manage their KYC responsibilities with lower operating costs and greater due diligence.
What's the role?
Direct complex hunter sales role to drive quarterly sales targets from both smaller shorter sales cycle deals and longer strategic deals. A highly consultative selling approach is required with a strong network of contacts in financial services selling into highly regulated functions within the market.
The Entity Screening Sales Manager will:
- Be expected to have a strong understanding of our target audience, the Know Your Customer space and workflow, know how to identify user requirements and to establish stakeholder relationships necessary to close sales and expand our solution footprint
- Be responsible for understanding the KYC competitive landscape, creating a sales plan which includes competitive displacement as well as collect market/industry intelligence critical for business expansion
- Build and maintain key client relationships with the goal of establishing local development and advisory board partnerships. And internally will be responsible for inspiring and leveraging other areas of Bloomberg to further promote community growth
- Work closely with our Product Management and Operations teams, helping to determine the future of the product and service by generating feedback from clients
- Be responsible for inspiring and developing team members to continuously strengthen their skills, knowledge and success so that we grow strong together
What do I need to apply?
- Leadership and managerial skills, with previous experience (minimum of 5 years) in overseeing sales team’s successful track record of selling technology to Financial Market players
- Experience selling PEP/Sanction/Adverse Media solutions for counterparty due diligence
- Relationship building and management skills with knowledge of enterprise selling
- Prospecting capabilities with a "closer" mentality
- Ability to devise and execute sales campaigns/initiatives geared towards maximizing revenue growth, user adoption and displacement of competitor solutions
- Ability to develop, motivate and inspire team members
- Ability to successfully partner with internal stakeholders such as KYC Business, Product, R&D, Client Services, Operations and Marketing, Compliance other internal sales organizations to advance agendas and close sales
- Existing relationships across the Buy Side and/or Sell-Side
- Expertise or specialized knowledge in the Regulatory and/or Compliance space a plus
- A willingness to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://entityexchange.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.