Bloomberg Media - Creative Director, Video (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 91826
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
This role sits within Bloomberg Media Studios, the global creative studio within Bloomberg Media, that works with client brands – from finance, technology to luxury – to craft bespoke content and experiential solutions.
Bloomberg Media Studios is seeking a Creative Director, Video who is collaborative, conceptual, strategic and passionate about storytelling. The ideal candidate is a “hands on” creative leader with a strong background in post-production, motion graphics, and animation. This position will be accountable to the Head of Video. This is a 6-month contract position.
We’ll trust you to:
- Conceive of storytelling strategies and ideas that respond to client business objectives
- Develop and pitch video treatments that break through and raise the bar for both internal teams and production partners
- Shape the creative to match the treatment and style to our range of media platforms (TV, OTT, Digital, Social)
- Collaborate with both cross-discipline team members (design, social, copywriting, content strategy) to drive the best results
- Ensure the highest quality work with our production partners at every step: from pre-production, through post, up to and including final delivery
- Push the envelope on storytelling formats and impeccable design for our range of video products: social-first, long-form to multi-wave episodic content
- Adapt quickly, think fast, fight for good ideas but know when to change gears when necessary
- “Get your hands dirty” being able to storyboard, direct and orient animation, sound design or any other motion design element
- Translate stakeholder feedback into clear direction for the teams to progress with the work effectively
- Represent the Studio’s creative vision and the Bloomberg brand accurately when working with external parties
You need to have:
- A stellar body of work, including work for Media and Tech brands (personal work is also encouraged)
- At least 10+ years professional work experience in-house or working with video and post production
- A firm understanding of all aspects of the pre- and post-production process as it pertains to video and animation
- An easygoing attitude, calm under pressure, client facing, and personable
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to distill feedback into actionable notes for vendors and internal teams alike
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent spoken and written communication with a heavy dose of storytelling
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite, edit software. 2D/3D animation software proficiency is a plus but not mandatory
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Does this sound like you? Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.