Bloomberg Media - Senior Product Designer
New York, NY
Posted Sep 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 93827
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us bring our work to the next level. Your role will be to collaborate with product managers, developers, and editors to iterate on our consumer-facing product suite across web, app, OTT, and emerging technologies. We’re looking for a designer who can advocate for users while helping us meet our editorial mission and business goals. This role will not focus on the art direction of specific editorial stories; rather, it will focus on the digital products that reimagine how our world class editorial can meet users where they are.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- User Experience: Demonstrate a strong understanding of information architecture, multi-step, and cross-platform flows across a holistic user experience.
- Product-thinking: Lead the vision for their product area alongside their product, engineering, editorial, and marketing partners. Shape their team's roadmap and goals. Speak confidently about how their work relates to broader company objectives.
- Tools: Employ a broad set of design tools to best solve and communicate user flows, interaction and motion. Know which tool to use depending on scope and phase of the project.
- Visual Design: Demonstrate and articulate understanding of layout, typography visual hierarchy, and brand. Maximize the existing visual frameworks creatively, and introduce new patterns that help strengthen our design system.
- Encourage peers to seek out constructive feedback from their managers, internal partners, product teams and design team. Likewise, provide regular, direct and impactful feedback with peers.
- Data-Driven: Begin every project by defining what qualitative and quantitative data will be important in their work. Partner with User Research and Data Science throughout the design and development process. Socialize lessons with the rest of the community.
- Communication: Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations. Communicate complex ideas, goals and problems, in person and in documentation, in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with the project. Lead and direct group design conversations, keeping them on-track and focused on meaningful next steps.
- Agility: Move fluidly and collaboratively between each stage in a fast-paced, iterative, cross-team environment. Be ready to adapt, and be adept at ensuring stakeholders and team partners are all on the same page.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in design or other design-related field.
- Demonstrated ability as a digital product designer.
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Proto.io, Invision, HTML/CSS.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
WE’D LOVE TO SEE:
Our goal is to see if your problem-solving and interaction design skills are a good fit for Bloomberg. We would like to see artifacts such as: delivered product, complete designs, sketches. Please include a link or attachment with two (2) projects when you apply. If you need some other way of showing us your work (either by emailing it, bringing it in person, or through an online real-time screen share), please apply for the role and we'll contact you to make arrangements to view it.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.