Bloomberg Media, Product Manager, Media Distribution
New York, NY
Posted Jul 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 92131
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media Distribution is looking for an experienced product manager to help manage and lead a licensing business that distributes Bloomberg content to most major publishers globally. We’re looking for strategic thinkers, people who can help set the product vision and strategy for Bloomberg Media Distribution and understand how to execute on that vision.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop a compelling product vision that demonstrates how Bloomberg can provide valuable utility to our users while driving towards business goals, supported by market research, data, and user needs.
- Use qualitative and quantitative insights to inform decisions and deepen the team’s understanding of our customers and their needs.
- Lead product strategy, roadmap and execution with a team of engineers.
- Communicate effectively with key partners and leadership, championing your team’s vision, goals, status and impact to get consensus, celebrate success and learnings.
- Be a strong leader and a conscientious team member, partnering with cross-functional teams across the building to make things happen.
- Be passionate about user experience, conducting user research and working closely with designers and engineers to build outstanding experiences.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) working in B2C and B2B product, ideally in web and news with knowledge across media formats - News, Videos, Photos
- Deep knowledge of distribution delivery methods
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent communication skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work optimally with both direct and indirect teams across the organization, gaining consensus and stakeholder buy-in
- Ability to take initiative and is comfortable working in a complex organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Comfortable setting and owning important metrics & goals, as well as tracking projects against those, celebrating wins and learning from misses.
- Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital world
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.