Bloomberg NEF Sales Associate
New York, NY
Posted Sep 10, 2018 - Requisition No. 70568
Bloomberg NEF is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sales Associate to join our North America Commercial Team.
Bloomberg NEF provides unique analysis, tools and data for decision makers inspiring change in the energy system. With extraordinary depth and breadth, we help clients stay on top of developments across the energy spectrum from our comprehensive web-based platform. BNEF has 200 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
BNEF services fit clients' daily workflow, streamline their own research, help them to sharpen their strategies and keep them informed. BNEF's sectorial coverage provides financial, economic and policy analysis, as well as news and the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the clean energy space.
Our team: Bloomberg NEF is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join our US Commercial Team based in New York. You will support the team by helping to originate new client relationships, renew existing clients and assist in meeting our accelerated growth targets. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, an intellectual interest in and capacity for becoming highly conversant in energy topics, and an ability to lead a wide range of responsibilities in parallel.
We'll trust you to:
- Assist the sales team in achieving their goals by originating new business opportunities and booking meetings and calls with senior decision makers
- Manage, renew and up sell a book of clients
- Act as initial point of contact on incoming leads for BNEF services
- Manage efficient input of client and sales information into BNEF's internal systems
- Provide back-up support for sales activities and customer service activities
- Coordinate client events by inviting clients/prospects and handling logistics
- Respond to client requests ensuring quick turnaround
- Assist in the preparation of major sales activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences.
You need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree at a minimum
- More than one year of relevant experience
- A track record of exceeding expectations
- A strong interest in the energy market
- A confirmed ability to work on parallel tasks
- An assiduous attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Experience of hitting sales targets
- Understanding of power market structure
- Understanding of project finance
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorize to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://about.bnef.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.