BloombergNEF Sustainable Finance & Investment Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Apr 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 74548
You're someone with a real enthusiasm for sustainable finance, and you are curious to understand how innovations in the financial markets can help companies achieve, or go beyond, current corporate sustainability efforts.
You like to develop original opinions, and you have an exceptional ability to communicate these to your audience, through writing and oral presentations. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you love to delve into complex subjects and build your own network in the industry. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
We are seeking a talented, highly-motivated analyst to join the BNEF analysis team and write new research on sustainable finance.
You will be based in our New York office, working as part of the Sustainability Research team at BloombergNEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy, automotive, commodities and industrial sectors. We help clients stay on top of developments across technology, industry and infrastructure, supported by the unique depth and breadth of our comprehensive BNEF platform
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop knowledge on sustainable capital markets - the opportunities, risks and innovations. Topics may include green bonds, equities, loans, mortgages, indices, funds and clean energy project finance
- Understand what role finance will play in scaling corporate sustainability efforts, and what policies, frameworks and principles could be used to drive change in the financial system.
- Collect and analyze quantitative information on the costs and benefits of sustainable finance and climate-related disclosures for companies
- Write and publish reports in English about market trends in sustainable finance, which could include market deep-dives, forecasts, issuer supply and investor demand for sustainable products
- Engage with clients and industry figures regularly, through visiting their offices, speaking at conferences, attending working groups, presenting content to clients and prospects
- Work with colleagues to identify and highlight the potential impact of the financial markets your team covers on the other topics that BNEF writes about
What’s the role:
- You will join as an analyst in our global sustainability team, working closely with analysts looking at sustainability from both a company perspective and from a markets perspective
- As part of a team, you will conduct research and produce written reports on the findings
- Gather and organize data on financial trends
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry in order to check assumptions, gather insights and get non-confidential information
- Clearly communicate your research to clients and prospects.
You’ll need to have:
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for climate-related finance and sustainability
- Financial or sustainability experience or knowledge is preferred – perhaps in fixed income, equities, corporate finance or corporate sustainability
- Exceptional communication skills, fluency in English and confidence to deliver presentations to clients and conference delegates
- Confidence conducting both numerical and qualitative analysis
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, finding key patterns, applying judgement to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Natural aptitude for graphically presenting data and writing clearly and concisely
- Ability to quickly understand, distill and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Confidence in conducting research calls and communicating with senior industry contacts, large institutional investors and leading academics
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects at once
We’d love to see:
- Additional language skills
- Finance-related qualifications, such as CFA, IMC, CRC etc
Does that sound like you?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.