Bloomberg New Economy - Int'l Cancer Coalition Associate (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Mar 24, 2022 - Requisition No. 101826
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg New Economy was established in 2018 to forge a better future for the world by convening leaders from East and West on a neutral platform at the heart of the New Economy, recognizing this is where many of the technologies, ideas and markets that will drive global prosperity are emerging.
We are looking for a 12-month contractor to manage the successful execution and delivery of the International Cancer Coalition for 2022-2023 by building strong working relationships and effective, tailored communication channels with all existing and potential coalition members.
We’ll trust you to:
- Project manage and support the end-to-end delivery of the Coalition work-streams, optimizing Coalition member engagement
- Lead the cross cutting communications work-stream in coordination with our communications consultancy and the Bloomberg Media Team.
- Support the leadership team in solidifying the strategic plan for the Coalition in 2022 and beyond pioneering the regulatory harmonization workstream
- Design and deliver all Coalition meetings and working sessions - in-person and virtual including an in-person event at the Bloomberg New Economy Forum in Singapore in November.
- Stay informed on major news, trends and related initiatives around Coalition focus areas
- Work closely with our Knowledge Partners on presentation materials, pre-briefs, and post-briefings of key Coalition meetings
- Manage meeting agendas, timelines and deliverables with both internal Bloomberg and external stakeholders
- Work with coalition partners and other key collaborators to support the goals of the Coalition, elevating cooperation on cancer clinical trials to the global agenda
- Develop briefings, reports, key documents and presentations related to the work of the Coalition; maintain an up-to-date coalition website
- 5-7 years' experience in consulting, government, strategy, research, publishing, events, or nonprofit (client-facing role a plus)
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Willing to travel internationally to execute events
- Bachelor's degree
- Eye for design and experience collaborating with web developers, graphic designers, and/or other creatives
- Experience with events a plus
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
If this sounds like you:
We're eager to speak with you. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.