Bloomberg New Economy - Partnerships Director
New York, NY
Posted Sep 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 93977
We’re looking for a commercial-focused client relationship manager to join the Bloomberg New Economy team. This individual will be responsible for the strategic integration and execution (i.e., post-sale) of all commercial partnership results under the full New Economy portfolio.
The role requires tremendous range and agility. This individual must be a quick-study with a strategic mind AND production chops who can: understand and advocate for clients by communicating their objectives and thought leadership agenda (e.g., zero carbon goals, inclusive growth) clearly and effectively; lead event execution for partners; navigate the many moving parts of the platform to ensure commitments and target dates are met; collaborate with multiple internal Bloomberg departments on clients behalf; develop inventive multimedia ideas and presentations for clients; and seamlessly flex between current partner engagements and new business opportunities.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Lead all aspects of the management, execution and relationship building of all current Partners, most importantly in the upcoming Forum, and beyond
- Directly support the leadership team in outstanding collateral (kick-off materials, partnership recaps), experiences (bi-laterals, Forum, bespoke events) and thoughtful integrations (Forum, Councils, Conversation Series, Profiles, special invitations) for our current partners
- Identify creative and meaningful ways to add value to the partnerships, year over year while prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Brief leadership on specifics of partners' business ahead of major meetings
- Be transparent and guide internal colleagues in a timely manner of any causes for concern or discrepancies as it pertains to the partnership (i.e. competitive/exclusivity sensitivities, editorial coverage, value of benefits, etc)
- Provide direction to the client marketers on the creation of Partner materials needed to aid client-facing discussions/meetings
- Own and maintain current Partner Salesforce hygiene throughout the year so all parties have insight into the various partnership nuances
- Demonstrate proven understanding of the media landscape, including expertise in new and emerging media platforms as well as off-platform opportunities, to elevate the ideas we present to clients
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE
- 8-10 years of consulting, media industry or agency experience including managing partnerships (sponsorships) at major, high-profile events
- Excellent, executive writing abilities, self starter and proactive mentality
- Business development, marketing, communications planning and experience presenting to senior level executives
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to expertly handle high stakes conversations
- Experience using Salesforce to its fullest capabilities
- Passion about the media and marketing industries, the latest innovations, and best-in-class brands
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to try new things. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries! Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.