Bloomberg is seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our New York City analysis team, focusing on wholesale electricity markets. Specifically, the successful candidate will analyze the revenue streams driving build and retirement decisions on the U.S. grid. The role will foster an intimate understanding of costs and revenues for power plants. This knowledge will provide our clients with strategic insight about what’s governing the transformation of the energy sector.
We will trust you to:
- Publish research on US wholesale power markets; interpret Fair Value (futures) curves and identify investment opportunities
- Describe the factors driving power plant build and retirement decisions. This includes energy, capacity and environmental commodities and policies
- Populate key inputs, calibrate with historical data, interpret results and extract insights
- Communicate findings to clients and prospects, engaging with stakeholders across the energy sector
We’ll need you to:
- Show passion for working in the energy industry
- Possess a strong understanding of US power markets and electricity economics
- Employ excellent critical thinking and strong modelling skills
- Communicate clearly in English: writing (for research reports) and speaking (for presentations)
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Be quantitative-minded: be capable managing large datasets in MS Excel
- Be driven to learn new skills and concepts. Work flexibly and collaboratively in an evolving industry
We would love you to have:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.