Bloomberg Opinion - Technology Columnist
New York, NY
Posted Jan 8, 2020 - Requisition No. 80614
Are you a writer with deep subject authority on the business of tech, who would be able to tell sophisticated readers how they should think about the biggest themes, trends and players in this important area? Then Bloomberg Opinion might be the place for you.
We are seeking a senior writer to explain key developments in this highly influential and dynamic industry – from tech breakthroughs, product development and “Unicorns” to trade, supply chains, antitrust issues, privacy, AI and cybersecurity - with a special focus on the money, markets and finance that make everything run. The position, ideally based in New York, will involve collaboration with social media and with other Bloomberg platforms, including television and radio appearances.
We'll trust you to:
- Write insightful Opinion pieces on the tech industry with an authoritative and engaging voice, including fast commentary on breaking news as well as deeper dives into specific trends and issues.
- Know the players, from the tech giants to the cutting-edge start up.
- Have a deep knowledge of corporate finance, with the ability to crunch data on specific companies and compare them across the industry, as well as view them through the lens of the broader economy.
- Speculate about future developments, including unfolding trends, likely deals and related policy matters.
- Be on top of the latest tech innovations and aware of what's on the horizon.
- Know, understand and be able to weigh in on the regulatory backdrop of the tech industry, from antitrust to privacy and security.
You'll need to have:
- Broad and deep knowledge of the Big Tech firms, including the FAANGs, Microsoft and other big players such as Oracle and Intel, as well as familiarity with the startup world and cutting-edge technologies.
- A degree in Journalism or relevant discipline, and/or equivalent work experience in a breaking news environment.
- A knack for understanding, simplifying and transforming complicated data into graceful, accessible prose.
- Abundant perspective, opinions grounded in facts, and the ability to make every column a must-read for a discerning professional audience.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.