Bloomberg QuickTake Video Editor
New York, NY
Posted Mar 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 101677
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source for the world's most influential leaders.
In December 2017, Bloomberg launched Quicktake, a global news network for the social, mobile, streaming world. We're seeking an ambitious senior editor (with producing experience) to help expand Quicktake's mini-documentary and sponsored editorial content reach.
WE'LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Develop and execute on a look/feel/pacing for videos surrounding different campaigns (Green, Future of Work, Small Business, Creator Economy etc)
- Work alongside series producer to drive post-production execution on everything from explainer-style segments to short docs (conceptualization, production, edit & delivery) for sponsored & editorial campaigns
- Use your creative expertise and sponsored content experience to contribute in development meetings toward campaigns that are editorially sound while in line with a sponsor's objective
- Contribute to building and pitching a treatment, broken down episodically, that tells interesting global stories (in line with sponsorship objectives) through the lens of Bloomberg (and third party) expert opinions and lived experiences
- Build shot sheets, coordinate field production and receive the footage from shoots (the producer will drive this initiative, but will need backup from you when called upon)
- Coach your producer into contributing substantively to your post production cause in whatever way you deem fit (stringing out episodes to you, taking on full episodes)
- Identify trending stories, verse yourself in Bloomberg News content and understand the elements that make video successful on social media and within a streaming service
- Use your deep technical skills within Adobe Premiere and After Effects to color correct (footage shot on Sony, Canon, Blackmagic) and audio mix your stories in a substantive polishing & finishing stage
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced creative environment
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail, strong news judgment and compelling editorial pitches
- 8+ years of experience in video production preferably within a news organization
- A refined sense of visual news stories and ability to give fresh angles on them
- The ideal candidate can write/ produce/shoot/edit their own stories if called upon
- A love of storytelling, the production experience and an understanding of global trends
- Robust production and post-production experience
- Video editing experience within Adobe Premiere and the broader Creative Suite
- Camera know-how and field shooting/producing is an asset (Sony & Canon)
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.