Bloomberg Research Content Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Sep 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 70837
The Research Product team at Bloomberg designs and builds a wide array of research solutions for the terminal. In this role, you will focus on creative strategies and product design for incorporating research content into the terminal, streamlining the research process for analysts, and developing a terminal strategy to best present alternative data sets and insights.
You will work collaboratively with research analysts at Bloomberg, buyside analysts, sell side analysts and partner closely with engineers, global data and sales to build, market and sell a differentiated product offering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Maintain and evolve a business plan for the Bloomberg Intelligence platform
- Build a business plan focused on the "research process" and tools to help analysts generate new ideas and be more efficient
- Write product specifications and partner with Engineering to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with the analyst teams to propose, facilitate and help prioritize product development ideas
- Managing the flow of in-bound product development requests, using excellent judgment to set clear and effective priorities for work to be done
- Integrate content and share functionality amongst other terminal functions
- Work with Sales and Account Managers in strategic sales & related client education
- Regularly report on the competitive environment and relevant client internal development projects
- Partner with CTO team to leverage Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing into the research process
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience as an Equity Analyst or in Equity Sales
- Deep knowledge of how Research is used by different financial market players
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies and associations
- Demonstrable research and analytical skills
- Experience with advanced concepts, practices, & procedures of finance & accounting; experience interpreting financial statements & performing quantitative financial analysis
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent experience.
We’d love to see:
- CFA designation
- Prior experience with the Bloomberg Terminal
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.