BloombergNEF - Trade and Supply Chain Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Mar 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 114692
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our trade and supply chains analysis team in New York and write new research on the transformation of clean tech supply chains. Specifically, the successful candidate will undertake primary research and analysis on clean tech manufacturing and trade.
At BNEF, we help our clients gain a clear perspective on the technologies and financial, economic and policy trends driving the energy transformation. BNEF is online, on mobile and on the Terminal. We are a subscription service providing research and analysis to key stakeholders across the energy value chain. For more information about BNEF, go to https://about.bnef.com/ (https://about.bnef.com/).
You will be based in our New York office, working as part of a global research team at BNEF - the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the energy sector, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
BNEF TEAM ETHOS:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
You will join as an analyst covering clean technology supply chains across regions like North America, India, China and Europe. This will involve collecting and analyzing data on production costs, investment pipelines and material constraints, and following policy developments. Supported by your teammates and BNEF’s many sector-specific teams, you will identify topics of client interest and importance, conduct independent research, generate insightful findings, and produce written reports of publishable quality.
Given the clean tech manufacturing scale-up now underway in the US in the wake of the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), a considerable portion of the job in the immediate term will involve tracking developments in North America. This will require staying abreast of key developments related to US manufacturing, including supply chain investments, trade policies and government support under IRA.
You will collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries, in person and remotely. You'll also develop an internal and external network of industry contacts in order to gather insights, identify trends and collect information. You will be working with colleagues and clients based around the world - periodic travel is expected.
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Become an expert on the trends shaping clean tech supply chains across batteries, solar, wind, metal refining and electrolyzers
- Research, analyze and write about the latest shifts in clean energy manufacturing, including cost trends, policy developments, company strategies, and supply chain constraints
- Write and publish reports in English; conduct fundamental market analysis in Excel
- Explain your research to clients via email, telephone and in-person meetings
- Deliver presentations at industry events
- Build a reputation in industry for your insightful commentary and analysis of the sector
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Interest in and enthusiasm for the energy industry and trade; a desire to become a leading expert on clean technology manufacturing
- Degree in a related field, or a strong willingness to learn coupled with a quantitative background
- Experience working on data projects, querying large databases and using analytical tools such as SQL or Python
- Have fluent English and good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations)
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, finding key patterns, applying judgment to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Good time management skills, initiative and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Have an excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE:
- A Masters' degree in business, public policy, science or engineering
- Prior experience analyzing markets or policies relative to trade, manufacturing, or energy, whether through an internship, academic research, or prior work experience
- Ability to speak another language fluently
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus