BloombergNEF Account Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jan 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 99751
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our North America commercial team as an Account Manager. The candidate will look after BNEF client relations for the North-East region, but also collaborate with BNEF and Core colleagues on global client relationships. This role will be based in New York at Bloomberg Headquarters with frequent travel to visit clients and attend industry events.
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. BNEF is a business unit of Bloomberg L.P. and has 250 staff based in London, New York, Houston, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Beijing, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Zurich.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
About the role:
The candidate will be managing BNEF client accounts in the Northeast, working closely with the Bloomberg terminal sales team in the region. This role will be supporting BNEF's growing client base in the, power & utilities and finance communities. You will help to originate new client relationships, grow and renew existing clients and assist in meeting our accelerated growth targets. This candidate will play a critical role in connecting the dots between BNEF's research and the Bloomberg terminal product. Ideally the candidate will have a working knowledge of the evolving ESG and energy transition. The candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, an intellectual interest in and capacity for becoming highly conversant in energy and sustainability topics, and an ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities in parallel.
We'll trust you to:
- Originate new client relationship and renew and grow existing customer accounts
- Work on strategic development of key client relationships
- Provide customer assistance and outstanding client service
- Collaborate with the colleagues in Bloomberg's core terminal business in the territory to grow and expand existing relationships and pursue new leads
- Travel and conduct face-to-face meetings with clients and prospects in the territory
- Coordinate client events by inviting clients/prospects and handling logistics
- Respond to client requests ensuring quick turnaround
- Assist in the preparation of major sales activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences.
- Provide constructive feedback to product and analysis teams regarding client needs
- Manage proposals and contracts
You need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree at a minimum
- Minimum of three years of experience building industry relationships and exceeding sales targets
- A strong interest and experience in the energy market
- Desire and ability to travel to conduct face-to-face meetings with clients and prospects
- A confirmed ability to work on parallel tasks and collaborate across teams
- An assiduous attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
- Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator and related sales tools
- Experience of relevant energy industry experience
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.