BloombergNEF Decentralized Energy Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Apr 12, 2019 - Requisition No. 74628
Today’s potential, tomorrow’s energy. BloombergNEF provides a clear perspective on the technologies and financial, economic and policy trends driving the energy transformation. We offer the most sophisticated new energy datasets and models in the world. We have analysts and experts in six continents, publishing over 700 reports as well as commentary, reactions, and long-term forecasts every year - strategies for a cleaner future.
We are a group of individuals with shared understanding and passion for the issues, but with complementary variety in skills, abilities and knowledge. We demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to continuous improvement, excellence and the pursuit of creativity, innovation and accelerated learning. We need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insight and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need team that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused and fun!
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an analyst to focus on Decentralized Energy within our New York-based team. You will be responsible for primary research and analysis on the evolution of the electricity grid. You will become the go-to person for insight on how the growth of renewables, distributed energy, electric vehicles and other technologies is affecting the operation of, and investment in the electricity grid. You will help shape our understanding, as well as produce reports, presentations, tools and datasets that inform clients of our view. You will learn from experts, grow professionally, and thrive doing what you love – all while making real impact on our clients.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Produce research on the factors behind grid investment, the impact of distributed energy, and the challenges faced by transmission and distribution utilities.
- Develop new forecasts, tools and data sets that illustrate the changes underway within electricity networks.
- Think critically and cut through the noise of quantitative and qualitative information to form original, defensible opinions.
- Manipulate large data sets and communicate insights to team and clients.
- Develop a network of contacts in the industry to gather information and insight on the sector.
- Present your research at conferences and clearly communicate it to clients and prospects.
- Contribute to cross-company research and long-term outlooks.
- Communicate your ideas effectively through various publication platforms, presentations and discussions.
- Demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to continuous improvement, excellence and the pursuit of creativity, innovation and accelerated learning.
Successful applicants will need to have:
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in a quantitative subject, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Statistics.
- Prior internship or academic focus on energy sector, and passion for the industry.
- 1 to 3 years of work/internship experience in data analysis, research, engineering, and/or information technology.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel at minimum, applied analysis experience with SQL/Python preferred.
- A penchant for making decisions based on the data.
- Compelling and articulate communication to any audience, whether writing or presenting.
- Proactive curiosity, with a resourceful and passionate approach to learning.
- A bias for action, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Flexibility, resilience, and a positive approach to challenges.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We will get in touch with the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.