BloombergNEF EV Charging Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Apr 19, 2023 - Requisition No. 115655
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Electric Vehicle Charging team to undertake research and analysis looking at the technology, policy, business models, financing and company strategies around charging infrastructure, as well as the related impact on the power system.
You are someone with a keen interest in clean energy and transport, and you enjoy digging deep into a topic. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and you enjoy communicating these in both writing and speech. You are a quick learner, and your quantitative skills are very strong. You are passionate about developing insights and analysing market trends, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at BloombergNEF – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the automotive and energy industries.
Electric vehicles are set to become one of the largest sources of electricity demand in the future energy system. The successful roll-out of charging infrastructure is central to electric vehicle adoption and the delivery of the electricity that they need.
Our EV Charging team work closely with our colleagues in the Electric Vehicles, Commercial Transport, Energy Storage, Grids and Power teams to analyze and quantify the impact of electrification on other respective sectors. We also work closely with colleagues in the data team and editorial teams to improve our analysis and communication of our conclusions.
BNEF TEAM ETHOS:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Conduct research on the policy, technology, and economic factors shaping the EV charging industry. Drawing conclusions from your own research.
- Evaluate current market conditions, business models, new technologies and changing policy frameworks.
- Gather, organize and analyze data sets pertaining to these topics and publish written research on your conclusions
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Address clients’ questions in a timely manner and present the team’s research to clients, prospective clients and at external conferences
WE’LL NEED YOU TO:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the energy transition, electric vehicles and the power system.
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have fluent English and good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations).
- Be a collaborative worker who can work with a range of BloombergNEF teams that are based around the world.
- Act as a self-starter who can search out fresh information by reading into topics, setting up interviews with industry representatives and building the insights gained into research.
- Have a high work-rate and ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Have excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- At BloombergNEF we have a range of training opportunities to build on your current skills to become the complete analyst.
WE WOULD LOVE YOU TO:
- Have experience in the automotive, transport, electricity or power electronics sectors
- Have a graduate degree in sciences, engineering or finance
- Have experience with analytical tools and coding such as SQL, Python (or similar)
- Speak another language fluently (Chinese language skills advantageous)
- Have previous experience in writing, presenting and publishing
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus