BloombergNEF Transport Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jul 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 75995
Today’s potential, tomorrow’s energy. BloombergNEF provides a clear perspective on the technologies and financial, economic and policy trends driving the energy transformation. We offer the most sophisticated new energy datasets and models in the world. We have analysts and experts in six continents, publishing over 700 reports as well as commentary, reactions, and long-term forecasts every year - strategies for a cleaner future.
BloombergNEF is the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the future of energy, transport, technology, and commodities. We provide independent analysis and insight, working with the largest corporations across utilities and generation, oil & gas, resource firms, equipment manufacturers, banking and finance, and governments. We are a group of individuals with shared understanding and passion for the issues, but with complementary variety in skills, abilities and knowledge. We demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to continuous improvement, excellence and the pursuit of creativity, innovation and accelerated learning. We need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insight and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need team that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused and fun!
That’s where you come in. We are seeking a talented analyst to join our team in New York. In this role, you will focus on the global electric vehicle market. You’re someone with a keen interest in clean transport, and the automotive sector. You're one of those people who have a real passion for understanding technology and its business impact, and want to be at the forefront of these advancements. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and are able to articulate your insight - whether presenting or through your writing. You enjoy a good challenge, and solving difficult problems. You are able to simplify the complex, and communicate your insight in a way that is accessible to our audience. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of working with colleagues and clients from a diverse range of backgrounds.
We'll trust you to:
- Conduct research on the policy, technology, and economic factors shaping the global future of transport.
- Stay current on trends and advancements that impact charging infrastructure business models, EV/grid integration, battery technology, and autonomous vehicle technology.
- Follow and understand the impact of changing policy frameworks and regulation on shared mobility services and automakers' strategies.
- Collect and organize rich data sets pertaining to the aforementioned topics.
- Develop independent perspective on the latest developments and technology in advanced transportation, and publish research based on your findings.
- Produce quantitative analysis, such as market sizing and forecasts.
- Interact with industry professionals and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions to better inform our offering.
- Address clients’ questions in a timely manner and present the team’s research at external conferences.
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in a quantitative subject, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Statistics.
- Previous experience conducting research and analysis - both qualitative and quantitative.
- Prior internship or academic focus on the transport sector, with specific emphasis on technology, the industry players, and regulation/policy that drives the industry.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for the intersection of sustainability, finance, and technology.
- Ability to think about and approach problems with creativity and flexibility.
- Communication and influencing abilities - both in your writing (for research projects) and while speaking (for presentations).
- Work closely with other teams at Bloomberg NEF, including Intelligent Mobility and Power sector teams.
- Bias towards action, with a proactive approach to each day. A true self-starter.
- Ability to switch gears seamlessly and work on projects concurrently, all while keeping an eye on the details.
- Obsessive curiosity. You relentlessly seek out information through new and existing sources, whether public or by picking up the phone.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
We'd love to see:
- Academic and professional experience focusing on the technology or automotive industry.
- Native fluency or professional proficiency in German, Chinese, Japanese or Korean.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.