BloombergNEF: Hydrogen Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Mar 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 114984
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented individual to join our Hydrogen analyst team to undertake research and analysis on the hydrogen economy.
You’re someone with a keen interest in hydrogen and decarbonization, who is curious to understand the role hydrogen can play in a clean energy future. You are interested in understanding how global narratives play out at the local and country level, especially in key markets like the US, Canada and Brazil.
You develop original opinions through critical examination and enjoy communicating these in writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are very strong, you are passionate about developing insights, collecting data, analyzing market trends and have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be working as part of a global research team at BloombergNEF – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading the transition to a low-carbon economy. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the automotive and energy industries, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
This position is for a full-time position covering markets in the Americas, with a particular focus on the US.
BNEF TEAM ETHOS:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
WE WILL TRUST YOU TO:
- Conduct research on the policy, technology, and economic factors shaping the global and regional hydrogen industry. This includes evaluating the economics for hydrogen use in industry and transport, assessing policies to support the growth of new industries and analyzing investments and company activities in clean hydrogen.
- Gather and organize datasets pertaining to these topics
- Publish written research in English on topics as above
- Produce quantitative analysis, market sizing estimates, policy/regulatory research and forecasts
- Speak with industry figures and BloombergNEF clients to gather information and opinions
- Address client questions in a timely manner and present the team’s research to clients, prospective clients and at external conferences
WE’LL NEED YOU TO:
- Demonstrate interest and enthusiasm for the hydrogen sector
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Speak business-fluent English
- Write and present exceptionally well in English
- Work closely with other teams at BloombergNEF, including our Carbon, Heating, Industry Decarbonization, Transport and Natural Gas sector teams
- Act as a self-starter, be efficient and work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
WE WOULD LOVE YOU TO:
- Have a graduate degree in sciences, economics or engineering, especially coursework in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Have experience in the energy sector
- Know how to use Python and SQL
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 75,000 - 85,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus