Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe- our Broadcast Engineering Group supports live production for Television, Radio, and digital platforms. From our world headquarters in New York City, you will do much more than keep the lights on. With over 2,300 news professionals in 150 bureaus across 73 countries- we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
We’ll trust you to:
- Monitor and maintain any equipment necessary for live broadcast and production operations- including ISDN, T1/E1, IP Network, signal processing and other systems.
- Be a creative problem solver and possess ability to communicate complex principles in non-technical or layman's terms.
- Be proactive, dynamic, and flexible in order to troubleshoot; On-Air, In Person, Telephone/Email Support, Control Room operations.
- Maintain expert knowledge and operational skill in digital audio production using in-house software-editing platforms. Currently utilized systems include Avid, Pro Tools, and Adobe.
- Update transmitter/shift logs.
- Conduct tests and diagnostics evaluations.
- Execute checklists to discover equipment and/or system anomalies.
- Install new components and systems.
- Create and update engineering documents and diagrams.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of digital news broadcasting.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree relevant for Broadcast Engineering, such as in audio engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or telecommunications.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in broadcast, live audio production or studio production.
- Ability to maintain composure and to work independently (quickly) in high-pressure situations.
- Strong knowledge of technical TV and Radio broadcasting equipment (including cameras, robotics, VTRs, routing equipment and production switchers), broadcast automation systems, and streaming and cloud technology.
- Thorough understanding of PC hardware and software and networking operations.
- Willingness/flexibility with hours (may include evenings, nights and weekends).
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Well get in touch with you to let you know the next steps- but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloombergmedia.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.