Broadcast Operator (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Jun 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 91215
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a freelance Broadcast Operator to cover several of our technical studio positions in a live 24/7 broadcast environment at our World Headquarters in New York City.
We'll trust you to:
- Move quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced broadcast environment
- Collaborate with the technical team and editorial personnel in order to ensure a quality visual presentation to our audience
- Read, follow and execute all relevant tasks outlined in a live news broadcast rundown
- Operate a live broadcast sequencer to accurately count a control room in and out of commercial breaks, while communicating with crew, editorial colleagues and our global master control personnel
- Fire lower-third and full-screen graphics during live broadcasts. Assign fullscreen graphics into appropriate channels to be routed into video surfaces
- Mic on-air talent and reporters and help maintain audio equipment
- Operate robotic cameras located in New York and remotely control cameras from our bureaus around the globe
You'll need to have:
- An ability to multitask
- Basic mathematics skills
- A strong desire to work as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Flexibility to work early morning, evening, overnight hours plus weekends
- Experience with live graphics/studio cameras/broadcast audio equipment a plus
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.