New York, NY
Posted Feb 6, 2019 - Requisition No. 73532
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is seeking a Broadcast Operator to cover our viz and sliding break positions during evening and overnight hours in our New York office.
We'll trust you to:
- Move quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced broadcast environment
- Fire lower-third and full screen graphics during live broadcasts
- Direct a wide variety of graphics templates to several viz channels
- Collaborate with the technical team and editorial personnel in order to ensure a quality visual presentation to our audience. You will understand flow and composition of a live news broadcast
- Operate a live broadcast sequencer to accurately count a live control room in and out of commercial breaks, while communicating with New York and London master controls.
You'll need to have:
- At least 1 year of experience in live television or equivalent college degree
- An ability to multitask
- Basic mathematics skills required
- Flexibility to work evening and overnight hours
- Experience with VizRT a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.