Business Analyst, FX Electronic Trading
New York, NY
Posted Mar 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 114698
We're Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two-person hedge fund - we're an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up-to-the-millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
What's the role?
Bloomberg FX extends the offerings of the Bloomberg Terminal by providing a full suite of Foreign Exchange functionality including global FX news, data, analytics, electronic trading, and communication via FXGO. FXGO delivers a vast range of market data and robust analytics on currencies and derivatives.
The Bloomberg electronic trading team is looking for a qualified Business Analyst for the FXGO platform. As a member of the FXGO product team, you will be responsible for gathering requirements, assisting with development planning and build, and creating metrics to ensure successful product launch.
We’ll trust you to:
- Play a role in efficient day-to-day operations of our FX business·
- Gather requirements for new product features and enhancements
- Produce detailed project specifications from high-level requirements outlined by clients or sales teams
- Execute cross-group projects utilizing agile framework
- Enhance reporting infrastructure and tools to streamline reporting and reconciliation across venues to improve operational efficiency
- Clearly articulate issues and resolution in formal and informal communications across the organization
- Work effectively with software engineers to assist with the development of our premier product
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience within capital markets*
- Proven knowledge of FX market structure and global regulatory framework
- Ability to create pivot tables and v-lookups in Excel
- Demonstrated effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
We’d love to See:
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly assimilate detailed knowledge of, and develop strategy around, a wide range of projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Coding knowledge and/or knowledge of query tools
- Prior experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide, but we will certainly consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional. Enterprise Data page: https://data.bloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus