The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 325,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our internal and external customers. This includes Distribution & Asset Management, Procurement, and Print Services, and operates out of 22 locations across 12 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities. Our Distribution & Planning Teams handle the full hardware product life-cycle from forecasting and planning, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, international trade compliance, and quality control.
What's the role?
We are seeking a Financial Planning & Reporting Analyst, with Project Management experience, to join our team. In this role you'll support: Warehouse, Logistics, Planning, and Quality. As an integral member of the team, you'll drive reporting, tracking, modeling department-wide capital and operational expenses, conducting monthly capital and operational expense tracking. You'll also be hands-on in business/financial analysis and influence strategic decision making in the department. In addition, you will be responsible for project tracking and determining and communicating success metrics for the department. You will have experience using technologies that provide data visualization insights, such as Tablau, Qlik, Kibana and have an understanding of various database structures and queries, such as SQL, Elasticsearch, GreenPlum, Access
We'll trust you to:
- Support the planning process and lead budget variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation and development of capital and operational budgets, build/maintain the financial budgeting model, assumptions, investigate year over year changes in business drivers, and coordinate with key partners from various departments
- Prepare financial reporting, analysis, and insight against prior periods, budget, and forecast, highlighting key variances/trends and providing explanations for use by management
- Present capital and operational budgets/plans to senior management
- Share dashboard reports with buyers/planners to identify business performance trends and initiate purchase changes when needed
- Partner with CFO, Supply & Demand Planning, Warehousing, Logistics, Sales, Engineering, Technical Operations and other internal partners to develop and deliver analysis of key financial and operational metrics on an ongoing basis
- Conduct financial and business analysis - interpreting gaps, impacts, workflow requirements and process improvement opportunities
- Understand business drivers, incorporate relevant financial levers, and prepare data driven recommendations on business strategies with the appropriate levels of detail
- Manage relationships with Supply Chain management and use expertise to make recommendations on relevant analysis
You'll need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in a similar FP&A, Project Management or Technology roles (exposure to supply chain operations preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in planning activities including but not limited to financial model creation, compilation of various business unit plans, presentation of analyses and final budget requirements
- Progressive professional experience in tracking budget versus actuals tracking and variance explanation
- Great analytical skills and creative problem solving, showing ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, familiarity with database tools (i.e. SQL, Access) and data visualization tools (i.e. Lumira, Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI) as well as demonstrated ability to learn and master new tools quickly
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root causes
- The ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Extraordinary written, verbal, and presentation communication skills with a consistent track record in presenting findings to C-suite executives and other senior management
- BS/BA in finance, accounting, economics, or other related fields
We'd love to see:
- Additional relevant experience in embracing and implementing solutions for operational improvements and automation
- Experience working in a dynamic rapidly changing environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.