New York, NY
Posted Sep 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 95273
You are: a solver of puzzles, a meaning maker. You can bring together data from multiple sources and in multiple formats, and build visuals and documentation that concisely and accurately describe business processes, requirements, and gaps in a way a number of partners can easily understand. You can make sense of complex ideas and problems, and help others to do so as well, through facilitation, communication, and follow-through. You work well with a team and perform well under pressure. You lead by example and understand the value of developing and managing relationships with partners.
We are the Performance Optimization team! We collaborate to drive and implement continuous improvement across the end-to-end Procure-to-Pay (P2P) process and organization. We work closely with leadership and representation from Procurement, Sourcing, Global Supplier Lifecycle Support, and Accounts Payable to identify, prioritize, and execute process improvements within and across these teams. We are also a key liaison to the technology teams that support P2P, partnering to translate ideas into system design and solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Perform research on business processes using a variety of tools (industry documentation, stakeholder interviews, quantitative data)
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to diagnose problem areas in current state processes and propose solutions
- Generate important, accurate, easy to understand documentation (swimlane process flows, presentations, info-graphics, etc.)
- Partner with team members to figure out appropriate data to support research and collaborate to attain that data
- Consistently keep stakeholders and project team members advised of progress through proactive communications
- Facilitate effective working sessions
- Collaborate with project and change managers to drive the appropriate next steps for projects
- As needed, act as project manager on small to medium projects (generate project plans in collaboration with the team and leadership, provide regular status updates, communicate action items and escalate issues expertly and quickly)
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, Math, Sciences or Supply Chain (or a related field of study) or equivalent proven experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Business Analysis and/or Project Management
- Proven experience in at least one of the following areas: Accounts Payable, Supplier Lifecycle Management, Contract Management, Procurement
- Solid understanding of Scrum methodology (experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master a plus)
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated learning agility (e.g. quick learner)
- Intellectual curiosity and a genuine interest in driving balanced, positive change
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to get results
- A flexible approach to handling work, growing in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organization skills and an eye for detail, balanced by an ability to summarize insights and present to/interact with various partners across the organization
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and deal with ambiguity
- Strong proficiency MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
We’d love to see:
Certified PPM, Certified Scrum Master, Experience working in Procure to Pay organizations
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.