Business Information Security Officer
New York, NY
Posted Apr 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 115604
We protect Bloomberg.
The Information Security Officer team is dedicated to making our products and technologies as secure as possible through design, development, and operation. We report into the CISO while working closely with regulated businesses, lines of business, and development/engineering across Bloomberg L.P. Our colleagues depend on us to help design, run, and improve our most important security programs.
What's in it for you:
The Bloomberg BISO team focuses on identifying current and future opportunities to improve the security of Bloomberg L.P., and the security of our customers’ data. In this role, you will be the contributor, owner, and manager of multiple security programs, each with unique challenges and in a global setting. Setting strategic direction, evangelizing security and compliance efforts, and influencing the direction of Bloomberg L.P.’s business efforts are all in a day’s work.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead your line of business in their information security endeavors.
- Evangelize the benefits and strategic vision associated with security programs and data protection in general.
- Foster cross-functional relationships between teams to improve all aspects of our security program.
- Define and refine management information, including key risk indicators, program maturity indicators, key results, and roadblocks.
- Become a trusted voice to upper management, ensuring clear visibility into both areas of strength and areas of improvement.
- Diving into the business domain, keeping abreast of new technologies, regulatory changes, and industry best practices and delivering them into your program.
We'd love to see:
- 2-5+ years of experience in an information security, audit, compliance, or technology role.
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve success.
- Highly developed relationship management and partnership skills across business functions.
- Proven delivery of projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong program management, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and consistently meet program deadlines.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 125,000 - 160,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus