Business Information Security Officer
Posted Jan 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 88521
We protect Bloomberg.
The Information Security Officer team is dedicated to making our products and technologies as secure as possible through design, development, and operation. We report into the CISO while working closely with regulated businesses, lines of business, and development/engineering across Bloomberg L.P. Our colleagues depend on us to help design, run, and improve our most important security programs.
What's in it for you:
The Bloomberg BISO team focuses on identifying current and future opportunities to improve the security of Bloomberg L.P., and the security of our customers’ data. In this role, you will be the contributor, owner, and manager of multiple security programs, each with unique challenges and in a global setting. Setting strategic direction, evangelizing security and compliance efforts, and influencing the direction of Bloomberg L.P.’s business efforts are all in a day’s work.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead your line of business in their information security endeavors.
- Evangelize the benefits and strategic vision associated with security programs and data protection in general.
- Foster cross-functional relationships between teams to improve all aspects of our security program.
- Define and refine management information, including key risk indicators, program maturity indicators, key results, and roadblocks.
- Become a trusted voice to upper management, ensuring clear visibility into both areas of strength and areas of improvement.
- Diving into the business domain, keeping abreast of new technologies, regulatory changes, and industry best practices and delivering them into your program.
We'd love to see:
- 2-5+ years of experience in an information security, audit, compliance, or technology role.
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve success.
- Highly developed relationship management and partnership skills across business functions.
- Proven delivery of projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong program management, problem solving, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and consistently meet program deadlines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.