Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Mar 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 93696
Your friends all know you as someone that is very collaborative, highly analytical, and a problem solver. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you. You find the perfect balance between professional and personable. You're naturally curious, analytical by nature and love building stories to give context to your data.
Our People Analytics team is responsible for providing high quality data, reports and analytics to deliver key people insights to our business. Our insights drive evidence-based decision-making about people and provide in depth understanding about the careers of our employees and the needs of our business.
As the Business Intelligence Analyst, you’ll collaborate closely with stakeholders across Bloomberg’s HR team to build the next generation analytics that will help to recruit, retain and develop best talent for Bloomberg. Through your analytical ingenuity we will optimize recruiting and HR efforts.
We'll Trust you to:
- Design and build QlikSense applications that will address critical people analytic needs and give insights into hiring, retention, development and turnover.
- Perform data wrangling to extract data trends from real world datasets
- Create and maintain complex load scripts from multiple data sources for extraction and transformation of raw data into a functional data model using techniques such as multi-tier QVD generation, loops, and REST API scripting.
- Be the Qlik admin and ensure that our production environment is stable and applications are refreshed in an orderly manner.
- Work on the next level of analytics, how to create meaningful KPIs, benchmarks, draw focus on the items that needs action.
- Ensure prioritization, timely and accurate delivery of deliverables.
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of hands on Qlik sense development experience. Experience working in a team of BI specialists is a plus.
- Understanding of Qlik data modeling to utilize Qlik’s associative engine using best practices of dimensional & relational concepts like star-schema, fact/factless and dimension tables
- Expert in building robust applications with consideration for re-usability and error handling
- Experience working with the Qlik Management Console
- A self-starter, with an enthusiastic team spirit and strong collaboration skills
- Previous experience building BI solutions in HR is a big plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.