Bloomberg Marketing partners with forward-looking business leaders to seize and craft opportunities and to drive difference. We use data to understand markets and audiences and creative ideas to build stories and brands. We invent campaigns and work that gathers attention and drives a reaction. We move fast, and our core approach is integrated and disruptive.
What's the opportunity?
You love being deep in the data analytics to “tell the story and can seamlessly translate the findings into meaningful business recommendations and insights. You're a change agent; excited by the opportunity of setting up and running a new function at Bloomberg. In this role you will lead development, implementation, and ongoing execution of our Marketing Analytics department within the Marketing division. We are looking to you to strategically build an internal business function that will collect, analyze, and interpret multiple data sets to create a marketing-related business roadmap for ongoing execution. You'll interact directly with our business leaders and represent the Marketing's analytic practice by providing intelligent, quantitatively-derived insights and recommendations. You'll be a key revenue-driver within the company, and instrumental to the future success of our department.
We'll trust you to:
- Assume responsibility for marketing analytics function across Statistical Analysis (Campaign inception, performance measurement and optimization) and Advanced Analytics (Segmentation, Predictive modeling, Forecasting)
- Evaluate our customer data models and develop segmentation, predictive models representing customer behavior
- Understand our business drivers, assess and scope projects, incorporate relevant levers, and prepare data driven recommendations on business strategies with the appropriate levels of detail.
- Project manage - plan projects with realistic goals, resources, actions and dates, influence, delegate tasks to project teams, coach team to achieve project landmarks, anticipate and communicate potential project management risks and raises to management
- Lead development of presentation logic and flow for entire projects and documentations
- Work commercially to support business case development, opportunity seizing and department effectiveness
- Build and support all outputs (reporting, analyses, dashboards, models, etc)
- Operate effectively in a hands-on role as well as being a strategic, big-picture leader. Acts as a mentor through all phases of analytical production.
- Market the capabilities of the team to internal agency staff
- Act as a trusted advisor and partner frequently with senior leaders, business stakeholders and other analytical teams across the globe - specifically Europe and Asia.
What do I need to apply?
- 3+ years' progressive professional experience in marketing analytics, multivariate modeling, segmentation, quantitative methods, database and digital data
- Expertise with SQL-based databases (e.g. SQL Server, MYSQL, Access, Greenplum, etc.)
- Expertise in data visualization software tools (e.g. QlikView, Tableau, Cognos, etc.) and Web Analytics Tools (Google analytics, Omniture etc) and the shown ability to learn and master new tools quickly
- Statistics, A/B testing, multivariate testing
- Segmentation and predictive modeling
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities quickly
- Exceptional analytical skills and creative problem solving, showing ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams and facilitate interactions with upper management
- Phenomenal written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills with a proven track record in presenting findings to C-suite executives and other senior management
We'd love to see:
- Experience with R or other statistical software tools is a plus
- Project Management Experience (ideally in an Agile environment)
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.