Business Risk & Engagement Advisor - Chief Risk Office - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Aug 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 118015
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s The Role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
In today’s corporate landscape, cyber risk poses an increasingly sophisticated threat. Bloomberg’s clients and prospects are concerned about the potential for their private data to be exposed, and they’re apprehensive of possible disruptions to their key operations. The Business and Client Risk Engagement team brings transparency to Bloomberg's risk management and cyber security practices, to gain and keep client trust so they renew and expand their use of Bloomberg’s offerings.
On our team you'll focus on developing and facilitating client communications around our Risk and Security practices. You’ll develop relationships with risk professionals at our biggest clients, as an adjunct part of the sales and support groups that keep our business growing.
The world of risk is constantly evolving and changing. The environment you’ll join is fast-paced, and the work you will do is critical to Bloomberg’s growth. You’ll get to work with and learn about virtually every business unit and many other departments within Bloomberg. Colleagues will depend upon you as part of their sales strategies and request-for-proposal efforts. Your work will be critical to closing new business and maintaining existing client dependency on Bloomberg. You will use your existing Risk experience while working with your colleagues to develop your own skills with the Bloomberg products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Liaise across business lines to influence strategies to enhance Bloomberg’s risk controls, based on client findings
- Complete Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) for existing clients and prospects, in a thoughtful, accurate, and timely manner
- Respond to a high volume of client requests for detailed accurate answers about our security practices and controls through written documentation, phone and in-person meetings
- Evaluate the objectives and requirements of the organization looking to partner with us and provide them with the right level of information and reassurance.
- Identify recurring problems concerned with policy, procedures and methods to improve workflows
- Research, write, and gain appropriate approvals for enhancing our response library
You'll need to have:
- Strong knowledge of information security, technology and associated risks, including an understanding of existing and upcoming regulations and the potential impact on the company and its clients
- Ability to understand requirements articulated in Requests for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ) and use existing documentation to respond appropriately
- Broad risk management exposure in financial services, FINTEC or related industries
- Tested Project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timeliness
- Working understanding of Jira project management platform
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated use of analytical capabilities in operational and problem solving capacities
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment including translation of complex concepts and issues into insights for Senior Management and non-technical audiences
We’d Love To See:
- Knowledge of Qlik Sense
- CISSP, CISM certification
- Negotiations experience
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus