Buy Side Senior Relationship Manager
New York, NY
Posted Feb 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 100593
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What’s the role?
We’re seeking a Senior Relationship Manager to join the very exciting group that covers the largest asset manager and asset owner in the industry. The role is based New York to manage the global relationships with multiple Tier 1 strategic accounts primarily across Canada and the US.
Beyond the terminal opportunity, you will be entrusted in growing our enterprise product franchise and enterprise data business. You will work with the dedicated product specialists to succeed in this rewarding market.
You will be responsible for developing deep and trusted relationships with these clients, understanding their full work-flow and technology. Your experienced consultative approach should uncover opportunities and expand our partnerships whilst at the same time increasing our clients overall operating efficiency. You’ll will be up to date with the latest trends and business initiatives within our client base. Your sales skills, dedication and motivation will allow us to maximize on short and long term sales opportunities and mitigate risks to our existing revenue. You will be expected to successfully manage relationships with executives and drive enterprise revenue strategies.
We’ll trust you to:
- Utilize your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to identify revenue opportunities from our Enterprise terminal, data and product business
- Demonstrate sales creativity in combining our offerings or looking to create unique offerings that present strong ROI for the firm and/or cost saving
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of what your customers do at all levels of their business. This will include terminal users, and other stakeholders who leverage our broader technology and data suite
- Have the ability to articulate the features and benefits of Bloomberg enterprise level products in great detail, so that you can act as a consultative partner for your customers
- Collaborate internally to implement and execute value-added solution with different teams to cross-sell our suite of solutions
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives and goals.
- Seek out additional ways to demonstrate leadership and make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of buy-side experience or significant transferable experience in sales
- Proven consultative sales skills, including competitive market research, lead generation, prospecting, business development and closing sales
- Proven ability to manage complex sales engagements
- Experience in building and maintaining client relationships both externally and internally
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills
- Team player attitude and collaborative style across multiple product lines and sales teams
- The availability for regular travel
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.