C# Software Engineer - Global Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted Jul 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 76404
The Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As a Software Engineer in the Systems Engineering Team you will be expected to use your software development skills to build new and enhance existing tools that make our employees productive and our global offices state of the art. The Systems Engineering Team builds web/desktop productivity tools as well as back-end system automation tools that integrate the critical corporate infrastructure (Bloomberg Terminal, Directory Services, AV, Server/Storage, Network, Telephony, Video Conferencing, and other enterprise business systems) that keeps Bloomberg's corporate offices running. You will also have the opportunity to work on a team of other software engineers as we transform our corporate infrastructure to meet the needs of a mobile workforce.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years experience programming in C#
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC
- Experience building tools that automate and integrate with traditional IT Infrastructure components (virtualization, desktop, server, storage)
- Experience creating and working with web and windows services
- Experience with relational databases
- A good understanding of fundamental networking concepts
- A good understanding of windows OS internals
We would love to see:
- Significant experience programming in C++, Python or Java
- Experience of working within an IT organization
- Familiarity with Active Directory
- Experience with Continuous Integration/DevOps
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.