CIS QA Engineer (Contractor)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 70834
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join our CIS (Connectivity and Integration Solutions) QA Team. In the role of a QA Engineer you will be responsible for the testing our new Integration Monitoring & Alerting web application. You must have ability to work alone on multiple projects at a time, and be dedicated as a self-starter with attention to detail. You are someone who is organized, collaborative, and dedicated to document and automate critical test scenarios. You should have experience testing web applications with heavily integrated systems using test tools for SOAP/REST API’s.
We will trust you to:
- Write Web Service level automation for SOAP/REST API’s to exercise end-to-end workflows for Web Applications.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of test automation using Java and Selenium.
- Collaborate and partner closely with Development teams to understand business functionality; data feeds, data flows, connectivity and Web Services.
- Participate in test design discussions, reviews, and test strategy sessions.
- Finish test assignments in a timely manner.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Computer Science / Information Systems/Software Engineering or equivalent experience in related roles.
- 5+ years automated testing experience with regression testing, integration testing, and/ or performance testing.
- Must have high level experience of Web Service testing and test tool experience for SOAP/REST API’s.
- Solid programming and Automation skills in Java.
- Knowledge of Web Application testing (Selenium).
- Experience collaborating with programmers and business authorities to document critical workflows for testing.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be agile and enthusiastic to passionately learn and work in a bold time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrate confidence and ability to identify testing gaps.
- Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership.
- Ability to multi task and shift priorities quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and tracing root cause.
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.