CIS Senior Python Engineer - Enterprise Integration APIs
New York, NY
Posted Oct 29, 2019 - Requisition No. 79278
At the heart of our business at Bloomberg is connecting decision makers to business and financial information, trading analytics, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients are interested in tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex, mission critical systems. To meet their constantly evolving integration needs, Bloomberg Enterprise Technology (ET) group develops solutions focused on high throughput and low-latency secure data transfer over a distributed infrastructure. ET group supports a wide array of products including Real-time data Feeds, Managed File Transfer and Application Development Framework (ADF).
The ADF engineering team is responsible for delivering Bloomberg's financial data set to clients from financial institutions in real-time via API based solutions. Our clients use either REST API or Bloomberg proprietary API framework (a.k.a. BLPAPI) to connect with distributed ADF data services. As a software engineer in our group, you'll work on mission-critical, distributed, high-performance software that provides financial data to both Bloomberg desktop customers and servers in key financial institutions around the globe.
As a member of our agile team, we'll trust you to:
- Familiarize yourself with our code base and documentation, and proactively identify opportunities to improve code and documentation.
- Design, Implement, Support and Enhance the ADF system. Your key focus will be delivering highly flexible, easily configurable, highly reliable applications in a very fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Work in close contact with experienced technologists in the team and across the Bloomberg organization, ET product, Service and Implementation teams and our clients.
- Contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve team`s time-to-market objectives because The team operates in a very agile manner.
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of python software development experience
- Development experience on UNIX or Linux Operating systems
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming
- Expertise with data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We'd love to see:
- Hands on development experience with C++
- Familiarity and experience with Kafka
- Familiarity and experience with REST APIs
- Familiarity and experience with BLPAPI
- Prior experience developing Order or Execution Management Systems
- Familiarity with XML, JSON data formats and programming tools to process data in those formats
- Familiarity with scripting languages or any large text processing tools
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies