CIS Senior Software Engineer – Messaging and Data Pipelines
New York, NY
Posted Jun 26, 2017 - Requisition No. 59181
At the heart of our business is connecting business decision makers to financial information, news and analytics. As the financial industry evolves, the system integration needs of our clients change. Today our large enterprise clients and Fintech vendors demand reliable and flexible integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time sensitive backend systems.
The Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Engineering group build a secure, reliable, high throughput and easily configurable platform for data transfer, transformation and routing. We allow clients to manage their full integration with Bloomberg products through a single system available online and in the Bloomberg Terminal.
This self-serviced system integration platform is rapidly growing area in our organization. To meet high demand for flexible, low-cost, self-serviced integration capabilities from our customers we are combining third party, open source and in-house technologies.
Teams for which we currently have openings are the Real-Time Integration and Managed File Transfer teams. Both teams work in a Linux/UNIX-hosted server environment developing on a distributed micro service platform utilizing industry best practices with Enterprise Integration Patterns.
As part of the role we’ll trust you to:
- Research, design and develop innovative solutions, using a variety of technologies, to address our clients’ needs.
- Work in a fast-paced, production deliverables oriented, agile environment with challenging requirements driven by ever changing business objectives.
- Work directly with key stakeholders to help translate business requirements into value products.
- Deliver production quality software utilizing best practices of SDLC and CI/CD.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of hands on programming experience working primarily on server-side applications using C++ or Java (with prior experience in C++). Knowledge of C++ is core requirement and applicants should be prepared to be assessed in C++. An ideal candidate should be comfortable with either language.
- Strong object-oriented design skills.
- Solid understanding and practical experience with Software Design Patterns.
- Experience with enterprise integration domain and familiarity with Enterprise Integration Patterns is a plus.
If this sounds like you then please submit an application. You can also learn more about the products we build at https://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise/integration-distribution/connectivity-integration-solutions/