CRCO Operational Resiliency Risk Manager
New York, NY
Posted May 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 103786
Who we are:
CRCO provides Risk Management & Information Security services to the organization, adding value and contributing to the protection of the enterprise by managing the firm's risks, while continuing to innovate and exceed the expectations of the consumers of our services.
CRCO is a key control function within the overall Risk Management process at Bloomberg. We are responsible for developing the firm’s Risk Management program and related processes, partnering with our businesses to identify and mitigate risks to the organization, and embedding risk management standards and procedures into our various lines of business. We use a data-centric approach to identify and monitor risks, while providing the tools and dashboards that allow our users to gain transparency into their key risk and performance indicators.
What's the role?
The CRCO Regulatory Operational Resiliency Risk team provides services utilized by CRCO, its stakeholders, and partners. It is comprised of the following programs and responsibilities:
- Regulatory Operational Resiliency Risk - works cross functionally with Risk Managers, Compliance Officers, Legal, Business, Engineering, Product Managers and different teams in CRCO, Enterprise Shared Services, and other control functions to help support the continued development and implementation of the institution's Regulatory Operational Resiliency Risk program pursuant to relevant regulatory requirements, industry standards, and business needs. This group also provides ongoing support for regulated entities’ new regulatory license applications, regulatory responses, client inquiries, audit reviews etc.
- Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) - works with key stakeholders of Bloomberg’s Regulated Lines of Business and shared services teams to negotiate, define, prioritize, and document various intra-group Service Level Agreements (“SLA”) between Bloomberg and its regulated entities in accordance with regulatory obligations and business needs.
The CRCO Operational Resiliency Risk Manager is responsible for supporting and maturing these programs and to ensure these services meet the needs of Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Work cross functionally with Risk Managers, Compliance Officers, Legal, Business, and Engineering to define, prioritize, and address relevant regulatory related needs.
- Design, develop and maintain project delivery (i.e., status reporting, risks, project plans, etc.) for presentation to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Support the regulatory operational resiliency risk program implementation across the enterprise, such as:
- work cross-functionally across the enterprise with different stakeholders and process owners
- support the implementation of regulatory activities, globally, while keeping the various lines of business models in focus
- support the regulated entities with regulatory inquiries, implementation of remediation activities across operational resiliency areas
- assist in documenting operational resiliency policies in alignment with relevant processes and applicable regulations
- Work with different shared services process owners to develop SLAs as a block, to simplify requirements and reduce bureaucracy:
- develop relevant artifacts in collaboration with the Data Analytics and Control Assurance teams to facilitate oversight of the ESS
- provide reporting to ESS management
- Conduct and coordinate trainings on operational resiliency regulations and various program initiatives
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Information Systems, Business, Management or related discipline
- 3+ years of related experience in one or more of the following areas: risk management framework; internal controls; root cause analysis; understanding of regulations and industry standards across operational resiliency areas (e.g., Risk Management, Information Security, Outsourcing, BCP-DR, Incident Management) etc.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills and ability to partner with both senior management and staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Must be organized and focused to drive meaningful results
If this sounds like you:
Apply - If we believe you are a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com