CRCO Regulatory Risk and Operational Resiliency Specialist
New York, NY
Posted May 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 103161
Who we are:
CRCO provides Risk Management & Information Security services to the organization, adding value and contributing to the protection of the enterprise by managing the firm's risks, while continuing to innovate and exceed the expectations of the consumers of our services.
CRCO is a key control function within the overall Risk Management process at Bloomberg. We are responsible for developing the firm’s Risk Management program and related processes, partnering with our businesses to identify and mitigate risks to the organization, and embedding risk management standards and procedures into our various lines of business. We use a data-centric approach to identify and monitor risks, while providing the tools and dashboards that allow our users to gain transparency into their key risk and performance indicators.
What's the role?
The CRCO Shared Services team provides services utilized by CRCO, its stakeholders, and partners. It is comprised of the following programs and responsibilities:
- Enterprise Shared Services works with key stakeholders of Bloomberg’s Regulated Lines of Business and shared services teams to negotiate, define, prioritize, and document various intra-group Service Level Agreements (“SLA”) between Bloomberg and its regulated entities in accordance with regulatory obligations and business needs.
- Regulatory Operational Risk Compliance and Delivery works cross functionally with Risk Managers, Compliance Officers, Legal, Business, Engineering, Product Managers and different teams in CRCO, Enterprise Shared Services, and other control functions to help support the continued development and implementation of the institution's Regulatory Operational Resiliency Risk program pursuant to relevant regulatory requirements, industry standards, and business needs. This group also provides ongoing support for regulated entities’ new regulatory license applications, regulatory responses, client inquiries, audit reviews etc.
The CRCO Regulatory Risk and Operational Resiliency Specialist is responsible for supporting and maturing these programs and to ensure these services meet the needs of Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Work cross functionally with Risk Managers, Compliance Officers, Legal, Business, and Engineering to define, prioritize, and address relevant regulatory related needs.
- Design, develop and maintain project delivery (i.e., status reporting, risks, project plans, etc.) for presentation to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- Support the development of relevant artifacts in accordance with applicable regulatory rules across operational resiliency risks while keeping the business needs in focus.
- Consolidate relevant risks pursuant to regulatory requirements across all regulated businesses to:
- ensure consistency and coverage of relevant risks and controls
- address gaps effectively “find one - fix all”
- negotiate SLAs with the Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) as a block, to simplify requirements and reduce bureaucracy
- Support the regulatory compliance program implementation across the enterprise, specifically relating to operational resiliency:
- keeping abreast with the global regulatory requirements and upcoming changes, and industry standards
- work cross-functionally across the enterprise
- support the implementation of regulatory compliance activities of the regulated entities, globally, while keeping the various lines of business models and shared service construct in focus
- support the regulated entities with regulatory filings/requests, client inquiries, implementation of remediation activities pursuant to regulatory observations or audit reviews across operational resiliency areas
- assist regulated entities’ policy owners in documenting their operational resiliency processes in alignment with applicable regulations and industry standards
- Conduct and coordinate trainings to the Board members of various regulated entities and various products and shared services teams, on operational resiliency regulations and ESS framework
- Centralize requirements for the ESS to ensure the services provided to the regulated businesses meet the required standards:
- consolidate SLAs across all regulated businesses
- develop relevant artifacts in collaboration with the Data Analytics and Control Assurance teams to facilitate oversight of the ESS
- provide reporting to ESS management
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Information Systems, Business, Management or related discipline
- 5+ years of related experience in understanding of regulations and industry standards across operational resiliency areas (e.g., Risk Management, Information Security, SDLC, BCP-DR, Incident Management, Outsourcing); risk management framework; internal controls; root cause analysis etc.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills and ability to partner with both senior management and staff
- Ability to simplify difficult concepts and challenges by thinking analytically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Must be organized and focused to drive meaningful results.
If this sounds like you:
Apply - If we believe you are a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com