Campus Diversity Recruiter
New York, NY
Posted Apr 5, 2021 - Requisition No. 89986
At Bloomberg, we are passionate about hiring dynamic and innovative individuals to build out our rapidly growing business. We operate in a high pressure, fast paced environment, and are dedicated to hiring the best people for our teams. We’re looking for an Entry Level Diversity Recruiter to join our New York team to help identify, attract and hire top talent for our internship and entry level programs.
Who You Are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative, and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You have a strong foundation in diversity recruiting and a passion for recruiting diverse profiles across gender, ethnicity, LGBTQ and other dimensions of diversity. You are a natural connector. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive workforce, person by person and team by team.
What you'll do:
As an Entry Level Diversity Recruiter, you will partner with our business recruiters and managers to hire excellent entry talent across our internship and entry level programs. You will proactively build a strong pipeline of entry talent through dedicated partnerships with colleges and universities. You will identify under-represented talent externally, manage the flow of candidates and successfully increase this through strategic relationships, creativity, networking and brand building for Bloomberg. You’ll have the opportunity to lead and develop campus-driven diversity recruitment strategies, execute your vision alongside driven teammates and partner on broader Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
We'll trust you to:
- Design a comprehensive sourcing, recruitment and conversion strategy in partnership with key stakeholders that clearly outlines your approach to identify and hire diverse talent
- Measure all outcomes and leverage data to build and adjust the execution of your strategy
- Establish and foster relationships with business recruiters and hiring managers, understand their business needs, and collaborate with them to offer strategic recruitment guidance
- Source candidates directly through campus partnerships and various online recruiting tools and job boards.
- Help build our brand across university campuses and strengthen our relationships with career services, professors/faculty and student organizations
- Create and host career events including recruitment fairs/presentations and diversity/in-house events
- Drive Diversity & Inclusion recruiting initiatives to expand our diverse talent pipeline, partnering with our D&I Talent Acquisition Team, D&I Client Partners and D&I Sourcing Specialists
- Manage and execute on the full recruitment life-cycle, from reviewing resumes to closing candidates, in a high volume and complex recruitment environment
- Ensure a smooth, smart, innovative and engaging recruiting process to establish an outstanding candidate experience
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting our business areas, identify new practices/trends, especially as it relates to diversity sourcing
- Use social media, participate in networking and open house events to build our employer brand and to recruit talent
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience operating in a Campus/Graduate recruitment or Diversity recruitment team
- Demonstrated success driving diversity recruiting initiatives, along with an understanding of the opportunities and challenges in building a pipeline of top talent
- Experience direct sourcing recent graduates, second jobbers and career changers (candidates with 1-5 years post-graduation experience)
- Excellent organization, prioritization, presentation and project management skills
- Exceptional people skills, developed through experience in client-facing roles or customer service and support
- Excellent and creative problem solving skills
- An ability to adjust to changing work flows and demands
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach, the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle a high volume, juggle various projects, and be efficient with your workflow
- Flexibility to travel (this will be required during peak seasons)
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.