Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation, which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Accounting Operations team, headquartered in Manhattan, is looking for a strong Capital & Fixed Assets Accountant to join our team! This position is responsible for Bloomberg worldwide Capital and Fixed Assets Accounting and acts as a primary liaison between the accounting department and our internal business partners. Key responsibilities include: managing daily operational tasks such as asset transfers and retirements, reviewing fixed assets purchases in order to ensure compliance with corporate capital policies, assisting with the month-end close process, preparing various ad-hoc reports for tax and audit requests, managing fixed assets master data records within SAP, processing budget transfers and creating internal orders, and assisting with the Quarterly Capital Outlooks & Annual Capital Planning process by providing reporting and analysis and providing excellent customer service to the CFO teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business leadership to drive business decision-making across the company
- Document, control, review, and improve policy and procedures as well as departmental tasks to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Effectively make decisions on more complex issues, giving consideration to relevant costs, benefits and risks
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to internal customers and management
- Demonstrate the initiative to drive change and influence others across the organization in support of the company's goals and objectives
- Deliver and drive useful reporting with analytical insights
- Ensure achievement of desired results by making appropriate recommendations and providing appropriate financial leadership through completion
You need to have:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years relevant experience with demonstrated performance with fixed assetss
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills
- Strong presence and communication skills with ability to interact with senior leadership
- Accounting, reporting and internal controls expertise
- Ability to work well within a team and fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated high performer
We'd love to see:
- SAP/Business Warehouse knowledge
- Financial analytics expertise
- Process and systems expertise
- Analytical thinking skills with ability to conduct research, analyze data and resolve complex problems
- Works well under pressure and is able to course correct when faced with unexpected challenges
If this sounds like you:
- Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.