Chief Product Owner
New York, NY
Posted Jul 28, 2020 - Requisition No. 84107
Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our internal and external customers through Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Warehousing, operating out of 22 global locations and distributing our equipment to over 190 countries. We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency. We plan, procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We pride ourselves on being subject matter authorities.
What's the Role?
Bloomberg's Supply Chain department is seeking a Chief Product Owner to be part of our team.
Working with the head of supply chain, you will set strategy and oversee delivery of process transformation and continuous improvement across Bloomberg's supply chain solutions. You will bring your creative thinking, knowledge of industry practices, and innovation to drive integrated solutions (technology, process and data) across Supply Chain. You have outstanding interpersonal skills to partner with senior executives to design and deliver solutions and continuously improve the operation. You have the ability to govern complex projects and drive outcomes through enterprise-wide engagement with internal functions, SAP Solutions, SAP Engineering and Bloomberg Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Set supply chain product priorities and align to strategic objectives
- Through and agile framework, deliver complex solutions across supply chain processes, taking a "hands-on" approach to driving change
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain solutions, data, integration and dependencies
- Guide product owners to solve product related problems; make decisions and prioritize to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Provide leadership for supply chain solutions, act as single point for decision making and escalation
- Operate to the highest standards of accountability
- Leverage data to drive strategy and monitor results, tackle problems directly and promote solutions.
- Cultivate an active network of relationships to drive alignment across internal functions and business units and facilitate collaboration across departmental boundaries.
We'd love to see:
- An innovator comfortable with the delicate balance of bold visioning, intelligent strategy, and sophisticated execution.
- An adaptable problem-solver who is impatient with the status quo, seeks to make things better and more efficient and isn't afraid to make bold decisions in ambiguity.
- A hands-on leader who builds transparency, values collaboration, holds self and team accountable, and can link what we do and why we do it to empower the team around them to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and drive value for the business.
You'll need to have:
- At least 10 years of demonstrated experience driving Supply Chain processes and system implementations
- Proven success at communicating, prioritizing and balancing needs in a complex environment.
- Strong analytical abilities with passion for data and evidence based decision-making
- Ability to build positive relationships across functions within a large organization.
- Successful candidates will combine rigorous business acumen with process design, workflow optimization, product development and operations.
- Ability to combine human stories and needs with hard data to identify a compelling path forward.
- Ability to work in diverse work cultures and comfortable with non-hierarchical organizations.
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.