Chinese Language News Editor
New York, NY
Posted Apr 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 74883
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform.
We are looking for a unique Reporter. Someone with expertise in Greater China and US markets, that can produce compelling stories in Chinese from our world headquarters in New York. You will need to know how markets move, and how they affect one another in order to draw connections and identify key insights for a Chinese-reading audience. You understand what traders and fund managers are interested in, and you are able to convey the whole picture. You do research and track down the details, and you break news that matters.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Write about what is moving in the global markets, specifically between the US and China.
- Proactively conduct research and analysis and look past the headlines to pitch meaningful stories.
- Leverage the power of Bloomberg data and analytics in your writing and pitches.
- Provide insight more compelling than traditional financial analysis.
- Keep up-to-date on global economic and political trends.
- Display true passion for journalism and creating news.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Native of bilingual proficiency in English and Chinese.
- Minimum 3 years of experience covering Equities, Credit, FX or Rates.
- An ability to nurture sources and work across teams and platforms.
- Proven news judgement and a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience conducting research and relaying findings in succinct, concise manner with ability to identify key industry performance indicators, players and trendsetters.
- Keen interest in what makes news in business and finance.
- A proactive approach to each day, and ability to thrive in our dynamic environment.
- Ability to influence and communicate clearly.
- Able to write with a distinctive voice that engages our readers.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We’ll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.