New York, NY
Posted May 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 103964
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg is seeking an experienced editor for its Chinese-language news service. Based in the U.S., the successful candidate will join a dynamic team that produces markets-focused content around the world. The role involves monitoring, translating, writing and editing compelling stories that resonate with a Chinese-reading audience. While their primary focus will be on Chinese-language stories, the candidate will also be expected to work closely with counterparts across the newsroom, including those working in English.
We'll trust you to:
- Demonstrate outstanding news judgement for global markets, economic and political trends, especially those around U.S.-China relations
- Provide accurate, fast and comprehensive English-to-Chinese news translation
- Edit and write copy for accuracy and insight for Chinese-reading traders and analysts based in Greater China and around the world
- Work effectively across multiple teams, platforms, formats and stakeholders
- A Bachelor's degree or above
- Proven news judgement and a strong sense of urgency
- Minimum three years of experience working in journalism or the financial industry. Experience of covering U.S.-China ties is preferable
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the economy and financial markets as well as the dynamics that move various asset prices
- Excellent translating, writing and editing skills in primarily Chinese language
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English
You will need to have:
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).