City Hall Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Oct 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 96176
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
We're seeking an ambitious reporter to drive Bloomberg News' coverage of New York City and state -- and take ownership of one of the company's most dynamic and fast-moving beats. This person will chronicle New York's economic recovery as the financial capital rebuilds from a crippling pandemic, redefines work culture and big-city life, and embraces a new mayor and governor for the first time in more than a decade. They will combine a thirst for breaking news with the tenacity to pursue and execute on big, impactful stories -- using data and graphics to amplify their work. This person will serve as the anchor for this important story, while working closely across platforms and teams at Bloomberg including markets, finance, legal, climate, CityLab, Businessweek, Equality and Pursuits.
You’ll need to have:
- In-depth knowledge of the New York story and how it fits into a national and global narrative
- The ability to connect the dots between city and national issues with business, finance and markets
- A sense of urgency and a proven track record of breaking news and delivering stories on tight deadlines
- The ability to think big in order to set the news agenda, rather than to follow it
- Impeccable news judgement, the drive to collaborate across bureaus, teams and platforms
- Fluency with data and graphics
- Spanish is a plus but not a requirement
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.