Client Experience Manager
New York, NY
Posted Sep 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 95307
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to reinventing live events.
Bloomberg Live is the commercial events division of Bloomberg - and industry leading creator of dynamic news-driven events around the world. From intimate roundtables to multi-day festivals, Bloomberg Live brings virtual and in person events to life across critical topics in business, policy, economics, technology, sustainability, equality, luxury and more.
We are looking for two Client Experience Managers to join our team. The Client Experience Manager is responsible for creating and executing successful client marketing programs around Bloomberg Live events. In some cases, the marketing program is the creation of the event itself and in other instances, the marketing program is a series of benefits and experiential activations to help clients achieve their goals within Bloomberg Live’s Marquee and Flagship events.
Successful candidates will be quick study, marketing-minded, detail-oriented individuals with most importantly, a client service first mindset. This role collaborates with every function of the Bloomberg Live team as well as divisions outside Bloomberg Live to execute impactful programs for clients. This role may require travel for specific events and client management (less than 15% of time and on an as needed basis).
In addition to the above, we will trust you to:
- Manage client relationships from post-sale through final event execution. Be the primary point of contact and owner of the management of the client, and the successful implementation of the program. Includes contracts and good Salesforce upkeep for details and logistics.
- Be a quick study on the clients’ businesses, objectives, and priorities. Effectively brief all team members, and guide the event team daily on both strategic and tactical levels of client programs.
- Build strong relationships with clients, adding value above and beyond the tactical requirements, ensuring a smooth and positive experience for clients working with Bloomberg Live.
- Organize and contribute client insights and ideas for additional value, upsells, and future event engagements to contribute to commercial goals around retention and growth for client accounts.
- Collaborate across functions and teams within Live and Bloomberg as a whole. Forge strong relationships across functions as a key to delivering the best product for the client and the business.
- Track inventory, benefits, timelines and other key details for the team around assigned events.
- Create clear and impactful materials in support of the client journey. Be adept at powerpoint/google slide presentation creation for kick off decks, update presentations, recap reports and all other materials needed for good client management.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 3-5 years experience in a client management role. Preferably in Media or Events but consulting, agency or other client service, partnership management experience welcome.
- Self-starter, proactive, consultative approach
- Ability to manage multiple events and multiple clients at once
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology platforms quickly including various meeting conferencing platforms and virtual event platforms.
- An obsession with details and organization, with flexibility to navigate the moments where things are fluid and changing, or need to be adapted for the team or the client
- Strong executive presence and problem-solving skills; ability to negotiate between clients and the internal team, achieving the balance between advocating for the client to the team, and vice versa, daily
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with stellar skills in PowerPoint/Google Slides for presentation creation. Knowledge of Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools a plus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, global environment where clients span regions, teams to collaborate with are extensive and diverse, and changes and curveballs are the norm, not the exception
- A passion for marketing, events and client service
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.