Climate Data Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Mar 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 101439
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital. The ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and transition pathways is crucial.
As a team, we are responsible for improving and reporting Environmental, Social, and Governance related data for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported-on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
You're the type of person who looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for the details because you know how data inspires market trends, breaking news, and analysis. At Bloomberg, we are helping clients understand how climate impacts their company decisions and investments, and we will need you to research industry disclosure standards, frameworks, and support climate data efforts to help bring transparency to the market. You will contribute to ensuring superior quality of our climate data set and bring value to our clients by supporting integration of our data into their workflows.
We'll trust you to:
- Support large and complex data projects related to Climate datasets, with a particular focus on industry and company specific emissions reduction targets and decarbonization
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Product, BloombergNEF, Bloomberg Intelligence, Engineering, Sales, and News to deliver superior analysis and outputs
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
- Apply subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes
- BA/BS with strong academic standing in Environmental Science, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other quantitative science
- Minimum 2 years of experience working within climate science or climate finance
- Familiarity with emissions reduction target setting and climate-related disclosure frameworks such as SBTI and TCFD
- A collaborative approach and exceptional relationship building and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Master's degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Mathematics, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and demonstrated applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using Excel as well as experience with SQL or Python
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.