Climate Data Team Leader
New York, NY
Posted May 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 100973
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering as reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
At Bloomberg we are committed to fighting the battle against climate change. That’s why we’re taking action, using our expertise in data – and decades of experience leading from the front – to tackle climate change from every angle. Climate change is changing the way market participants allocate capital, and the ability for businesses and investors to understand their climate related impacts, risks, and mitigation pathways is crucial.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, industry-specific metrics, proprietary ESG scores, and the Gender Equality Index (GEI). Our ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. Business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service.
As the Team Leader, you are required to be a hands-on leader that can effectively lead, motivate, and develop a team. You will lead by example in your knowledge of the climate space, the data processes, and the broader environment in which the team operates, which are critical to guide the team effectively. Demonstrating your market knowledge and experience, you will be hands-on in guiding your team to finding opportunities to expand coverage, ensure quality and timeliness, and work in with our product and engineering teams to generate business impact with our climate offering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead large and sophisticated data projects related to Climate datasets
- Apply subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Hire, coach, develop and retain your team members to create a strong team
- Collaborate extensively with internal partners across Product, Engineering, Data, Bloomberg New Energy Finance, Bloomberg Intelligence, and Sales
- Drive innovation for your team and/or global product with respect to people, product, and processes
- Have strong market knowledge and understanding of data how industry players use climate data to drive business decisions
- Represent your product by visiting clients and/or engaging in industry events to promote our data products and/or understanding client workflows with an aim to improve our offerings
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within the climate science, climate finance or climate policy space
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- BA/BS in Environmental Science, Economics, Finance, Political Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other quantitative science
- A collaborative approach and exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Intimate understanding of how industry players apply data to drive business decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and in a frequently evolving environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree in, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Economics, Public Policy, Engineering, Mathematics, MBA, or related field preferred/CFA or CAIA designation
- ESG-related coursework or certification and working knowledge of the ESG market and data landscape
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.